About Minds Matter
Minds Matter is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to transform the lives of accomplished high school students from low-income families by broadening their dreams and preparing them for college success. We are a dynamic organization that constantly reassesses the needs of our students and adapts our program accordingly. As we continue to grow, we are focusing our collective energy on the following goals:
- Develop a long-term growth plan that addresses strategic chapter expansion, student enrollment, program enhancement, and organizational development.
- Continue to develop an alumni program that extends Minds Matter’s services and reinforces the focus on college diplomas, not acceptance letters.
- Develop improved metrics that will allow Minds Matter to more effectively evaluate and enhance programs.
- Ensure that Minds Matter programming maintains its focus on academic excellence, while also expanding it to address the importance of leadership, citizenship and early professional experiences.
- Review and refresh test preparatory program to better prepare students for undergraduate college entrance.
- Create a strong regional presence in order to prepare more college-ready students and impact more lives.
- Ensure that at least 90% of students who begin Minds Matter receive bachelor’s degrees.
- Increase Minds Matter’s visibility and name recognition at the national level.
- Develop a premier alumni network that spans the country and provides current and former Minds Matter students and volunteers with access to valuable connections and resources.
- Create a Minds Matter National Student Endowment Fund to provide scholarships for outstanding students.
- Sustain Minds Matter’s organizational vision and cultural values to ensure a consistent experience as long-term growth and chapter expansion plans proceed.